Where am I?
Welcome to Spring Hill Intermediate School! Located in the city of Spring Hill, more than 400 students in grades 3-5 join us each day on their path to life-long learning. The school's supportive faculty and staff members strive to provide educational opportunities that meet each child's unique needs. Now, take a look at more fun facts about our school:
- We show off our school pride in purple and white. We are the home of the Colts!
- Our fifth graders have earned the Standard of Excellence for three years in a row.
- At SHIS, we promote a variety of activities to ensure a well-rounded individual:
- All students participate in an annual science fair, and the winners compete in the Greater Kansas City Science and Engineering Fair.
- Fine arts and the performing arts are important to us. All students have the opportunity for art instruction. In addition, students regularly participate in music class and fifth grade students also can choose to be involved in band and orchestra.
- Promoting students’ leadership skills, the Student Council plans spirit days and gives back to the community through an annual food drive and Tree of Warmth.
- The Community Service Club encourages the students to volunteer their time in the community. The students have participated in Toys for Tots, a school landscaping project, food drives and more.
- We are proud to be the home of the Spring Hill School District 2010 Elementary Teacher of the Year, Mrs. Helen Kloepper!