Where am I?
Spring Hill High School is located in Spring Hill, Kansas, just southwest of metropolitan Kansas City. The high school is a part of the Spring Hill School District, which serves the cities of Spring Hill, Olathe and Overland Park as well as areas in Johnson and Miami Counties. Recently built, it is a four-year comprehensive high school with a student population of approximately 680 students in grades 9 through 12. It is fully accredited by the Kansas State Department of Education.
Spring Hill High School strives to provide a safe and enjoyable environment in which all students acquire the knowledge, technology and basic skills to become lifelong learners and responsible citizens within a changing world.
- Spring Hill High School has a graduation rate of 98 percent and more than 85 percent of the students continue their education after high school.
- In 2009, Spring Hill High School was recognized as one of the two Kansas Service Learning Leader Schools for integrating curriculum with community service. Our Volunteer Club will serve as model school for many other schools.
- Each year the high school has been given a “Standard of Excellence” citation from the Kansas Department of Education, in at least one curricular area. In 2009, the school received Standards of Excellence in reading and math.
- Spring Hill High School, a 4A school, participates in the highly competitive Frontier League in a variety of sports: football, boys and girls cross country, boys and girls golf, volleyball, boys and girls tennis, boys and girls basketball, wrestling, cheerleading, softball, baseball, boys and girls soccer, and boys and girls track.
- In addition, the school offers an outstanding Fine Arts Program, which includes: band, orchestra, choir, dance team, drama, theatrical performances, forensics and debate.
- The Spring Hill FFA, which is less than 10 years old, is highly respected and has been recognized at the state and national level.
- The high school encourages participation in a range of leadership-oriented groups, including the school’s student council that plans many activities to assist students in their daily school routine.
- Remedial programs also are available to assist those students who need extra help during and after school.
At Spring Hill High School, students are encouraged to excel in their studies, be involved, be good citizens and have a rewarding and enjoyable high school career. The school’s positive climate ensures a successful and rewarding learning experience for students.