Where am I?
Who is the Spring Hill Elementary Counselor?
My name is Andrea Reece, and I am the school counselor at Spring Hill Elementary School. I have a Master’s degree in Social Work and was the counselor at the Intermediate School for the past 6 years. I grew up in the Johnson County area, but I have lived in Massachusetts, Colorado, New York, and Arizona. I enjoy cooking, reading, yoga, and spending time with my family. I also love to travel and have visited over 30 states and 10 countries. I speak English and Spanish and a sentence or two of Portuguese and Japanese.
Most of all, I love working with Spring Hill students and their families, and I am excited to get to know even more families as the SHES Counselor.
What does a school counselor do?
One of the best parts of my job is the variety it provides me. My primary goal is to help students develop the behaviors, skills, and attitudes necessary to achieve success academically, emotionally, and socially. Some of the ways I do this are through:
- Character Education lessons based on our seven Character Keys (Compassion, Courage, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, Perseverance, and Self-Discipline)
- Individual and small group counseling
- Olweus bully prevention lessons
- Consultation with teachers, parents, and administrators
- Parenting the Love and Logic Way ® classes
- Student Improvement Team Coordinator
Please feel free to contact me with any social, emotional, or behavioral concerns you may have regarding your child. I am here to help you and your child have a fulﬁlling, fun, and successful school year.
Andrea Reece, LMSW
Spring Hill Elementary Counselor
Se habla espanol.