Where am I?
Check E-Backpack for 2012-2013 PTO forms and information.
The objectives of Prairie Creek PTO are:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth,
- To bring into closer relation the home and school, that parents, and teachers may cooperate in the education of children and youth, and
- To help provide supplemental resources which enhance or enrich school curricula.
Prairie Creek Elementary PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) is a chance for parents/guardians to become involved in their child's school based activies. You will also get the opportunity to interact with the staff and assist with school projects. Volunteers are an important aspect of making each child's school experience a success. Your involvement improves the quality of educational tools and opportunities we can provide for every student.
We encourage all members to attend the PTO meetings. According to our By-Laws only dues paying members may vote and/or hold committee chair positions. Dues are $5 per family and may be paid at any time to the PTO Treasurer.
What are some of the things PTO has provided or sponsored in the past?
- Supplemental Art teacher
- Back to School Night
- Membership to Continental Math League
- Library Books
- Mustang March
- Gift certificates and donations to the teachers for supplies
- All school assemblies several times a year
- Supplies for special classroom projects and activities
- Halloween Trunk or Treat
- Holiday Gift Shop
- Field trips for both individual classrooms and all school
- Snacks for Kansas Day, American Heart Association activities, etc.
- Teacher meals during conferences
- Equipment requests such as paper cutter, karaoke machine, etc.
- Props for Music Programs
- Gift certificates for spelling bee winners
- Ribbons and treats for Field Day
- Teacher appreciation week
- Last day of school
Where does the money come from for these items? Our main source of funding for the 2012-2013 school year is Mustang March. We will not be selling cooke dough or Entertainment books during the 2012-2013 school year.
Download the current Prairie Creek PTO Newsletter: May Newsletter (pdf, 78.71KB)