Where am I?
State of the District Breakfast Highlights Progress & Achievements
December 04, 2012
The Spring Hill School District’s second annual State of the District Breakfast was held on November 29th at Hilltop Education Center. The breakfast featured updates about the academic progress of district students, activities, and key initiatives as well as more information about the progress of bond-related projects. More than 80 key stakeholders, including legislators, city and county officials, business partners and community groups, attended the event.
The event kicked off with a video, “Small-Town Values, World-Class Results,” which was based on the district’s vision statement. It was followed by a formal presentation that outlined academic results during the last year, financial stewardship, bond projects and other strategic efforts. In addition, the attendees were treated to wonderful performances by a Spring Hill High School orchestra ensemble and also Prairie Creek Elementary School second graders who sang holiday songs.
The entire event was made possible by generous sponsors. Levels of donations were: $500 – Gold Sponsor; $250 – Purple Sponsor; and $100 -- Friends of the Foundation. All proceeds from the breakfast benefited the Spring Hill Education Foundation, which grants scholarships each year to Spring Hill High School seniors for their continued education.
Thank You to the 2012 Sponsors!
- City of Olathe: Gold
- City of Spring Hill: Gold
- Gilmore Bell: Gold
- Lifetouch Studios: Gold
- Piper Jaffray: Gold
- Rodrock Development & Prudential Kansas City Realty: Gold
- Wolf Creek Development, LLC: Gold
- Chapel Hill Homes: Purple
- DLR Group: Purple
- Kansas State University-Olathe: Purple
- J.E. Dunn: Purple
- Johnson Co. Sheriff's Office: Purple
- McAnany, Van Cleave & Phillips, P.A.: Purple
- ParkView Homes: Purple
- Kansas Senator Pat Apple: Friend of the Foundation
- Panera Bread: Friend of the Foundation
- State Bank of Spring Hill: Friend of the Foundation
- Steve Roberts, State Board of Education Member Elect/Mr. X, Mentor of Mathematics: Friend of the Foundation
To access the presentation given at the breakfast, please visit the Resource page.